Thursday, July 11, 2013

Right?  I've been hinting at all the things going on behind the scenes around here these past few months, and am finally able to start sharing a few of them.

The first one is this new website, designed by the charming Carrie Bishop (aka Carrieoke).  Things are now a bit more organized, and we've added a bunch of new features that better allow me to have fun with the content on the site.  There's a new drinks page with rotating recipes and a feature page which I can update whenever I have something to share in photo form.  The blog continues,  and we've added an improved pattern section where you can get to all my designs without scrolling two miles down the sidebar.

Plus, I have the ability to add more things as the Fall goes on and the rest of my projects get finished up.  But, while many of those aren't yet done, this one's just about ready to share. 

My latest design -- Rolling Rock, will be available this Sunday!  

I've partnered once more with my favorite person in the knitting universe and have come up with this delicate summer sweater for you guys out of Plucky Knitter Traveler Sport.   In this lovely dark green which reminded me of a familiar green bottle from Latrobe, PA.

Once again,  we have put together a whole rainbow's worth of  Plucky Knitter/BabyCocktail kits, so you can custom order a sweater's worth of Traveler - or maybe Primo - Sport in the color of your choice, and download the pattern at a kit discount price.  

Kits will be available Sunday, 6pm Eastern Time.  I'll do another blog post then with ALL the info and the link.  In the meantime, available colorways are popping up here.

If you already have your yarn on hand, the pattern (without yarn) will also be available for purchase.  


I know you like to have your info before the updates, so below are sizing and yardage details:

Yarn:  The Plucky Knitter Traveler Sport, 325 yds per skein.  
1000(1100,1200,1300,1400)(1500,1600,1700,1800, 1900)yds. Color shown is Back 40.
Sizing:   32.25(34.25,36.5,39.5,42.75)(44.25,46.5,48.75,52.25,54.5)” Actual finished bust size.  Shown with 2.5” of positive ease.
Gauge:  5.5 sts, 8 rows per 1 in stockinette.  In lace, each 10 st repeat = 1.5” wide, about 1.5” tall. 
Needles:  US#4/3.5mm (long circs for the body, DPNs or short circs for sleeves)  


See you on Sunday!


Ellen Mason said...

Whoa! Looks FAN-tastic! Especially love the pattern page.

MereAnn said...

Oh! I love the new website look--just lovely.

Bridget said...

So pretty - in my fave color, named for one of my fave beverages -- win win!

Melissa said...

OMG! Is that a contiguous shoulder i see there?! I'm so on board for this pattern! :)

Greenmtnknitter said...

Hi Thea Nice website!! Love the new design, waiting for sunday

Anonymous said...

LOve the new site & love all your patterns as usual!

thlang on ravelry

Anna F. said...

New site looks fantastic!

nook. said...

the new site and new design looks fantastic! hurrah! and now for that beer... ;) happy weekend! xo

Kirsten said...

The new website looks amazing!! And that Rolling Rock reminds me of how long it's been since I've had a slice of Conte's Pizza. I could never have Conte's Pizza without a Rolling Rock.

Thea said...

Oh, Conte's. How I love Conte's! I was supposed to be there this weekend!!

What's your Princeton connection? I forget.

Patty said...

Things are looking fabulous Thea! If only I were sitting on a boat drinking RR! So fun!