Friday, August 16, 2013

I am happy to announce my first e-book!  With A Splash Of... is a collection of 7 accessory patterns, designed with some of my favorite Plucky Knitter yarns.  I think this is the perfect way to kick off the fall - a few instant gratification projects that will be ready in plenty of time for cooler weather and changing leaves.


Accessories were so much fun to think about for me, and I had no problems coming up with sketch after sketch for these designs!  Sarah's soft cozy yarns were just the thing - and I decided on a range of sport, worsted and aran weight yarns.  The hardest part may have been choosing colors from Plucky's amazing range of gorgeousness.   But these shades of delicate gray and soft cream and pale blue, mixed with the occasional pop of orange and red are just what I see as the weather cools and the days remain gorgeous.   The combination reminds me of the first days of Fall, when the leaves just start to change and you have to look for those few bright ones in the trees.

I seriously can't wait to wear these while I'm walking around looking for those leaves this year!   There are 4 different hat patterns:  Black Tea, 7 Up, Cherry Soda/Orange Soda, and Cream.  Black Tea and Cherry Soda/Orange Soda are both classic slouchy hats, while Cream is more of a beanie, and 7 Up can be worn either way.  



I've gone with a mix of lace and cables and stockinette in the collection, and tried to create a range of projects that will appeal to a variety of knitters.   None of these are very difficult, and all of them require 1-3 skeins of yarn, so they are easy on the pocketbook too.  Where appropriate, there are instructions for modifying things to different sizes or yarns.  

In addition to thinking about heads, I had a little fun with necks and hands.  Tonic Water is a big, soft lace cowl with a pop of color, Soda Water is a huge cozy cabled scarf, and Chamomile is a pair of delicate mitts featuring a flower that's fun to work and kind of addictive (ask me how I know..).

 

Specific information about each of these designs can be found on the Ravelry pattern pages ( use the links above).  Sorry, with different yarns and gauges for each, it's a bit too much info to list out!

The patterns are available only as part of  the "With A Splash Of" e-book until November, when I will make them available for individual sale as well.

The e-book can be purchased either here or on Ravelry for $21.00. 

I hope you guys have as much fun knitting these as I have had designing them!  They are quick and fun and -  like the mixers they are named for do in a cocktail - will top off an outfit with just the thing it needs!  


6 comments:

Katja said...

What a gorgeous collection of accessories! Beautiful hats and scarves and of course splendid color choices. I love the combination of rusty reds and greys. Beautiful job, congratulations!

Ellen Mason said...

Egads, I love the details!

Bridget said...

Wow. I like every single thing here, and that never happens! Congratulations!

nook. said...

beautiful collection! congratulations! and i agree, a perfect way to kick off the fall...xo

Meredith said...

This is a beautiful collection! I love Tonic Water. That little wavy stripe of color is a perfect idea. I can't wait to knit it!

Hilary said...

Woo hoo, a Babycocktails collection! Congratulations, Thea, it looks awesome!!