Friday, September 13, 2013

Hi


Hi guys. School is underway, Craig is ready to go back to work, and I'm about to reclaim control of the school-day office, the dining room table and the TV/Pandora controls once more.  Life is good. 

Yep, that up there says back to work, and he starts on Monday.  It was a short lived layoff this time, and we are thankful that he's got a new gig as an in-house marketing guy, which will be much more predictable and less stressful than his previous life in various advertising agencies.  (Watch MadMen if you don't know what I'm talking about.  Think Billy Campbell but without the skeeve and the city apartment.  New business, late nights, crazy clients - no more!)

So, I offer you my apologies for the lack of blog posts and cocktails in the last few months.  I know I've only really checked in when I've had a pattern to publish or something to tease you with,but computer time has been short and I've not had a batch of adventures that would lend themselves to good blog stories.

But now, I'll have my freedom and my space back.  I've done the back to school shopping, the signups for all the activities, the week of events, and I got wrangled into being both a committee head on one thing and a room parent for another.  My finger is healing up, and I will soon be bringing my knitting to all the academic, athletic, and musical functions where sitting happens, so you can rest assured that these other distractions will in only add to the amount of  upcoming knitting and any related tales good enough to share here.  

And to show you the upcoming knitting, here's the box here that I'll be digging back into next week and a few of the things I'll be toting along to the next few soccer games.
 
Two sweaters in testing, two sweaters in knitting, and one on the chair -- still in bag form.    



I can't wait!!

5 comments:

dianne said...

Congrats on the job for Craig! I remember when my DH changed jobs a few years ago and was home for 17 weeks. UGH! Life back to as normal as possible is a good thing :-)

Linda said...

Here you are again with your stacks of knitted delights. I can't wait for that lovely cozy one on the bottom:) I'm glad life is settling back in for you!

AntiquityTravelers said...

Cool! Congrats to Craig .... and to you for getting your space back :)

Glenna said...

Yay to life being good and getting back to norm!

And ready to test those yummy sweaters anytime :)

margaux said...

yay to craig!! I am also glad you are getting back to your "normal" routine!