Wednesday, October 02, 2013

No - really, 1,000!!  Somebody pointed the tally out to me last week when it hit 994.  I can't even tell you how crazy this seems.  I went on Ravelry to try and create a little collage of the FOs, but there are just too many that I love and instead, I lost an hour of my life trying to fit them all into one image.  Ooops.  But it was fun :)  

And the only reason it didn't work is because way too many of you have done an amazing job with your knits.  I love seeing the colors you choose, the mods you make, the awesome places and poses you use for your photo shoots and the charming names you pick for your projects.  You guys are the best, and you have no idea how happy your sweaters make me.  All 1,000 of them!

Given my collage issues, I'll use Caro's lovely photo of my sweater, taken in my basement right after we moved into this house, with the boxes piled high about two feet from the space we cleared out.  

Now, in celebration of all your sweaters, how about a Vodka Lemonade? 

This time it's a Ginger-Mint version.  My friend Cristina introduced me to this liqueur recently and I may be a little hooked.  (It's also good in a shot of bourbon with a twist of orange, btw)

2 oz vodka
1 oz Domaine de Canton Ginger Liqueur
3 oz lemonade
lemon flavored seltzer
shot of lemon bitters  
mint leaves

Pour the vodka, bitters and ginger liquor over ice in a tall glass and stir.  Add the lemonade and seltzer to fill the glass.   Gently smush two mint leaves between your fingers and add.  Stir and toast yourselves. 

Thank you so much for liking this enough to make it.  Now I just need to figure out what all 1,000 of you want to knit next :)


Anonymous said...

1000 Vodka Lemonades on the wall, 1000 Vodka Lemonades. You knit one up and post a pic, 1001 Vodka Lemonades on the wall!


pdxknitterati/MicheleLB said...

It's a great pattern! I may make another. My first doesn't have enough ease, completely my fault. I was thinking how I like my sweaters to fit, and I forgot that this is *outerwear*! Oops. It cute, and it fits, but it's pretty fitted!

Junebug said...

Canton Ginger is one of my faves too. I have a plum vodka recipe it is in that I got from the bartender at California Pizza Kitchen. (it used to be on their menu). What ratio of bourbon/ginger?


Anonymous said...

Lovely pattern to knit. I've made two of them. ~EllyD

Atta Sites said...

Thanks for your information.. That is so awesome and really helpfull!!
I hope you can write everyday like this article..

* Guru Cantik
* Guru Seksi
* Guru Hot
* Guru Sexy
* Guru Nakal