Monday, October 21, 2013


As always, an amazing time with some of my favorite people ever. 


More favorite people.   I didn't take enough photos of the people.  There are so many more.


We've come to call this Ravelry Hill.  Best sweater watching ever.   I see Emily's orange Beekman Tavern in the distance here, and it looks like the crowd is gathering for the big noon meetup.


One of my favorite parts of the weekend is meeting all of you.  It's amazing. This is Lynne, in her lovely Cape Cod.  Seeing my designs in person, on the actual knitters who made then, is just such a thrill.  Sometimes I know immediately who the Raveler is, like with Lynne here - she looks JUST like she does in her avatar (pookiebb).  And sometimes it's just a total surprise and the sweater is a new gorgeous knit I didn't even know existed and I gasp - like when I ran up to the woman in the crazy beautiful yellow Chocolate Stout because I just HAD to.  That yellow.   I don't have a photo, but trust me.  That yellow.  I may have scared her a little.


The flask came in handy, and this turned into a round of cider instead of a photoshoot - sitting where the rainbow wall used to be.  I loved that wall.  But even without it, the 4H booth is still manned by adorable teenagers and the cider is great.  Especially when you toss a little something into it.


Back to the favorite people .  There was a Plucky moment with my buddy Amy Miller.



And my amazing group of housemates.  Such a great combination of women.  


The weekend started off nice and mellow, with a little Thursday down time on our peaceful porch. 


with this view across the street.   And like, one car every hour.  Maybe.  So peaceful.


However, in the country, you must check your feet.  We had an episode.


Coming in early also means a day in town and some boot shopping. 


And when you bring in the city - a little attitude from the badass city folk.   (I know this one's a tangent, but I like the photo so much I had to post it)


Lastly, both of my Rhinebeck Sweaters in one shot!  Emily was a test knitter for Ysolda and did a gorgeous version of my  Beekman Tavern,  I am wearing Brandied Cherry, which the rest of you will see in about a month. 

 
Of course, a few things came home with me - like my Beekman Tavern (yay!!), a sweater's worth of Bartlett Farms in a really unusual pinky gray shade, a few skeins of a gorgeous plum O-Wool, a single skein of Fox Hill Farm Cormo (I may be hooked now), some Jennie the Potter stitch markers and buttons.... and THE BOOK.  


There is something really special about being a part of this project and it's only partially summed up by the photos above.  Already planning for next year.  Thanks to everybody for an amazing weekend and a reminder of how incredibly lucky I am to get to do what I do and to go where I go and call it my career.   Best job ever.

XO

11 comments:

RWL said...

Looks like an absolutely incredible weekend. I'm a knitter (and quilter) by hobby but I have dreams of somehow doing crafty stuff as my full time job. I hope to someday join my love of fiber and my commitment to global peacebuilding in some small, creative way that truly satisfies me. Seeing your post reminds me of why I love the craft world filled with so many fun, inspiration people, making it "work" in many different ways. Just discovered your patterns recently and am psyched to choose my first Baby Cocktails project. :-) Thanks for sharing all your creativity. Happy knitting!

Angela said...

One day I'm going to go to Rhinebeck!! Love your Brandied Cherry. Can't wait for the pattern.

Suze said...

So in that second picture, I want to know what that cardigan pattern is (worn by the woman with sunglasses perched atop her head.)

Looks like fun!

Thea said...

That's Amy Christoffers of Savory Knitting. It's not finished yet, but will be soon. Stay tuned for the pattern on her blog: www.savoryknitting.com!

craftivore said...

Dammit, look at all the fun I missed. And look at all those gorgeous sweaters. Thanks for sharing your wonderful photos. Next year by gum!

NJStacie said...

Happy Rhineaversary! Sad to not see you this year! Congrats on the book!

Suze said...

OF COURSE IT'S AMY CHRISTOPHERS!!!
I love just about every single one of her designs...just like you ;)

gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

So great to hang out with you for extended happy hour Saturday night! So many many beautiful sweaters & faces here....

Kathleen Dames said...

Sorry to have missed you this year but glad to see you had as much fun as I did :)

And I just have to say that the shot of you in your Beekman Tavern in the book is *so you*!

dianne said...

Rhinebeck looks like so much fun! It's definitely on my bucket list :-)

Erin - LittleWit said...

It was lovely meeting and you thank you for all the love for my test knit! I've been wearing my Beekman Tavern pretty much non stop since I got home. :)