Thursday, January 09, 2014



The last in my 3 part series of blog posts for this design -- Bastille, the Cocktail.  And for this, I'm leaning French, not band.  For some reason, the delicacy of pear, coupled with gin and lemon seems perfectly French to me right now.   And way more desirable than a French 75, since I have no champagne - or Pernod, which I really, really don't like.   So, after a couple of combinations, this one's the winner:

Bastille

2 oz gin
4 oz pear nectar
.5 fresh lemon juice
 2 shakes of lemon bitters
lemon seltzer

Combine the gin, nectar, lemon juice and bitters in a jigger and shake with 2-3 ice cubes.   Strain into a glass over a couple more ice cubes.  Add a splash of lemon seltzer and enjoy!   


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Thea....
I so enjoy your blog...I know you are branching out to do more accessories....I'm hoping there's a headband in the works...

Diane