Tuesday, January 14, 2014


Yes, it's only Tuesday, but there are times when my Type A sensibilites take over.  So, this here is the dining room divan - often, for socializin and relaxin with the family unit (right?).  But it's not available for the family unit right now.  Now, it's covered with All The Things I need to remember for Slater Mill's Knitting Weekend, in just a few days.  Knits, cards, tags, skeins, and things to copy.  



Half of that pile is for Friday night's cocktail reception and and trunk show.  I'll be there with a drink in hand and sweaters on table.  And so will Ellen Mason, Amy Christoffers, and Gudrun Johnston -  who will also be giving a talk all about Shetland.

The other half of the pile above is class stuff - for my first set of Design Workshops!  There's also a two day marketplace, lots of great spots to sit and knit in the Mill, and Providence about 5 mins away for lunch and meandering.   I think a few spaces may still be left in Ellen's mitten class and although my workshops both sold out, there was somebody in my Ravelry group who couldn't make her spot in my Saturday class and is looking to sell her ticket.

You know, just in case any of you are local and wondering just what to do this weekend.  The link is here.

I'm a bit excited about the whole thing -- not only because I get to go away for the weekend with some of my favorite knitting friends - and get to meet even more, but also because these will be the first real sessions of my Workshop, about which I am really excited.  I've managed a trial run or two in my dining room with a few brave volunteers and it was so much fun.  But I bribed those guys with snacks and mimosas and I also kind of knew all of them.  This time, I'll be in front of paying strangers.  So, here's hoping, right?


 

On the sweater front,  I'm loving this next project.  You can see my sophisticated design process in the works here - apparently my pencil is eraser-free, so I'm crossing out all over the place.  And I think this is Zoe's old Elmo notebook.  But hey.  The sweater is about to be a big, cozy cardigan in a gorgeous shade of pink.  Warm for winter, in a color that gets you ready for spring, yes?  The yarn is from O-Wool and I love it.  Legacy Bulky.  Talk about instant gratification :)

Anyways,  hope to meet some of you this weekend :)  I'll tell the rest of you all about it next week.

9 comments:

Dorothy said...

Hey, nothing wrong with cross-outs; it's not a legal document! Enjoy. Wish I could be there.

pdxknitterati/MicheleLB said...

I'm planning my weekend, too! It's never too soon to start. I've got music and musicians organized for Sunday and Monday, but don't have my yarn wound for a Friday cast on party yet! Your divan looks very organized; there can be no pictures of my music printing/sorting process in my very messy knitting room (Kid2 just left for school again, and the room is trashed, but it was his bedroom before it became my knitting room...)

Have a great week and weekend!

jensimoneau said...

You are going to love Slater Mill Knitting Weekend! and we are thrilled you are coming!

jensimoneau said...

You are going to love Slater Mill Knitting Weekend! and we are thrilled you are coming!

Kristen said...

I wanna come! Good luck; I'm sure you'll have fun and do a great job!

Stephanie said...

I knew that was O-Wool when I saw the photo! My new favorite yarn! So soft and cushy - and great to knit with.

Hilary said...

Oh man, if only I were local! That sounds like knitting heaven!

Cathy K said...

Can't wait to take your class this weekend!!

Anonymous said...

Love the blog. Just wanted to mention that I tried to subscribe to your feed, but the link on the right hand side of your page doesn't seem to have a link.