Thursday, February 20, 2014

So, Sarah asked me to come up with something special for the Plucky booth at Stitches West this weekend.  And I know when I'm in that booth, I cannot pick just one skein.  So I designed something that means that you HAVE to walk out with 2 skeins.  Have. To.

Stripes, right? 


I'm calling it Mixed.  If you happen to be at Stitches or have plans to go by the booth, look for the special Plucky Knitter/BabyCocktails exclusive kits to make your own Mixed hat.  Sorry, since this one was a special design for Sarah, it's a Plucky exclusive and it won't be available for regular purchase through me. 

However, for those of you who are stuck in the snow and won't be going to Stitches, I've got another design up my sleeve.

I've also been asked to come up with the North Shore Yarn Crawl's official pattern this year.  And although folks in the Boston Area who are part of the yarn crawl do get a little something special in regards to that design, the rest of you will also be able to purchase the pattern as soon as it's  published.   It's a shawl (my first!) in a gorgeous pale greenish (tealy?) and gray vareigated single ply merino by local indie dyer Ana Campos of Toil and Trouble yarn.

For now, here's a sneak peek of Ana in said shawl.  Keep your eyes out for another announcement about this guy.  It should be ready in just a few days!


dianne said...

I love the hat and the shawl! No Stitches West for me, but I am hoping to do the yarn crawl this year.

Anonymous said...

Love Love Love hat.....I hope she offers this is a kit soon!


Patty said...

Beautiful hat and congrats on designing the pattern!

Ashley said...

I am SO kicking myself for not going to stitches west! This is my first (and probably only) year living in California. I LOVE your hat design. I'm such a sucker for stripes/chevrony things.

I'm still considering prepping my boyfriend's favorite meal for dinner tonight and suggesting we hit the road tomorrow. For 6 hours ;)