Tuesday, March 25, 2014


I am more than done with this, but another snowstorm is hovering off the coast and it looks like we are going to have one more bout of winter before we are allowed any sunshine around here.  What that means for you guys (who care more about the knitting than the weather in New England) is that there are accessories in the works.  I can't bear another sweater, and a summer tee isn't doing it for me this year, but hats and mitts and cowls have been on my hands and head - and my needles as well for the past month or so.  Which means I'll be offering them up for your needles soon.   

These Ginger Beer Mitts will be released within the next week.  They were designed special to coincide with the Lantern Moon Retreat next weekend.  We thought it would be fun to put something out by a local Portland, Oregon dyer before I hopped on a Portland, Oregon plane.  With that in mind, these were designed for Knitted Wit's Welterweight Rambouillet.  Soft and rustic, it's a perfect sportweight for some delicate detail - and this amazing color almost made me OK with the cloudy sky this weekend.  Almost.

In a stubborn move on Sunday, we decided to ignore the weather and go for a hike anyways.  Before the wind picked up and the rain started to fall,  I took some photos and we pretended it was actually Spring.   Maya is smart enough to have her jacket on here, but Lucy and Zoe and Nate went straight to tee shirts for the rock climbing.   If only pretending made it so. 


Jackets were put back on soon enough.  And, I thought you guys would appreciate Zoe's hat with the built in braids.   It's from Claire's at the mall.   But she loves it.


Right? 

2 comments:

Ness said...

I just knit some mittens out of sport weight yarn that exact color. I'm sure I have just enough left for some fingerless mitts (you know, with hopes of spring). ;)

Anonymous said...

I hope everyone is safe with the storm you got yesterday...I live in Central Mass and we didn't even have as much as a flurry...the wind was pretty bad here so I can only imagine what it was like on the Island.....

Diane