Wednesday, May 21, 2014


Want to win some yarn and do a good thing at the same time?


Then read on.

My good friend Carol is running in the Vermont City Marathon as part of a relay team on Memorial Day Weekend with Norma Miller, Lisa McGuire, and Adrienne Martini.   (Norma was one of the first bloggers to knit one of my sweaters, back in 2008.  She knit an amazing red Golden Vintage Cardigan, rocked it, and wore it to New Hampshire Sheep and Wool and I saw it.  It was one of the first times I'd ever seen anybody wearing one of my designs out in the world, and she totally made my day, so I will always love her.)

But I digress....  My good friend Carol also has one of the most impressive collections of yarn I've ever seen, so she's decided to do a little destashing while raising money for children's cancer research.


If you sponsor her team, you are entered to win some of the lovely yarn above.  Below is a list of what you see in the pic, and we may add to the pot if this goes well.   I have a more than a few skeins that need homes, but my camera is elsewhere right now, so let's just say there's more where this came from.



Rowan All Seasons Cotton (8 skeins), color 191
Rowan Wool Cotton: 3 skeins color 956 (chocolate) and 2 skeins #958 (blue)
Debbie Bliss Pure Silk (2 skeins), color 27012
Sirdar Baby Bamboo (4 skeins), color 138
Black Bunny Fibers (1), color Blue x2 bulky 100% blue-faced Leicester
Black Bunny Fibers (1), color Blue Spruce  bulky 100% Falkland wool
Black Bunny Fibers (1), color Tardy Sage  sock 70% merino/30% silk
Socks that Rock (1), color Tanzanite  medium weight
Classic Elite Fresco (4 skeins), color 5328
Plucky Knitter (2 skeins) Primo Worsted in a gorgeous pink

Every $10 donation gets one chance to win one of these listed batches --  so $20 means your name is entered twice, and $30 means you get 3 entries, and so on.  


 I forgot to add a little timing:
Donations can be made anytime from now until the end of Memorial Day, Monday, May 26, 2014.  The drawing will be on Tuesday, May 27, 2014.




You can donate directly here:  http://cookiesforkidscancer.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=442828&lis=1&kntae442828=60E2FE1A94A144619C9A298DDDC49179&supId=402340503

Just email Carol your receipt afterwards at cjb_roe@yahoo.co.uk. so she has your info.




Have fun :)  

6 comments:

Norma said...

XO. Awwww. :)

Kathy said...

So, I've donated, but how will you and Norma know who donated what and wants yarn? I have been gutted since a Facebook friend lost her 18 month old daughter to cancer. With a son that in some pictures looks exactly like her sweet baby olive, my heart breaks over and over again. It's a wonderful thing your friend is doing. No innocent child should suffer from such a terrible disease.

Thea said...

Thank you so much Kathy, just email Carol at the address in the post and tell her what you donated and maybe which skeins you are hoping for.

DyAnna said...

Thea,
I donated and am unable to let Carol know. Ive tried to put email in manually and copy/paste. Each time it says it is an incorrect address. My ref # 166633032. 5/35/14. Tried from two different email accounts also. Sorry to be a problem. Sincerely DyAnna Davis, dyannadavis@yahoo.com

Thea said...

Dyanna,

I'll tell Carol for you :)

not a problem!

Jesseka Sample said...

What a fantastic idea, how awesome!!! Good luck everyone!