Tuesday, September 23, 2014

This week's drink comes from Uncle Jimmy, who we got to spend time with this weekend at
our cousin Jonah's bar mitzvah.  Jimmy was Craig's favorite uncle when he was little, and now he's mine and Maya's and Zoe's too.  


His favorite drink is a vodka tonic, with lemon.  Not lime.  I'm pretty sure that's what was in the glass in his hand here.  He's being photo bombed by cousin Brian, but that's a "cheers" I was getting. 

I'm also pretty sure you don't need a serious recipe for  a vodka tonic, but here goes:  pour 2 oz vodka over ice, fill glass with tonic, squeeze fresh juice from a half lemon into the glass and garnish with a slice of lemon rind.

And then go dance with someone who makes you laugh.  I wish I knew what he'd just said to Maya!


5 comments:

Louise said...

Love it! So hamish!

gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

Perfect. Now I want one.

kayT said...

Glad for the idea to use lemon vs. lime. My husband drinks ice tea all the time with lemon and we have a lemon tree so lemons are easier to come by for me than limes. Yay for Uncle Jimmy.

Knit Nurd said...

Haha...love uncle Jimmy's lighted necklace!

gail said...

How cute!!