Saturday, September 06, 2014

Besides the pattern releases, I am afraid my little blog has been kind of quiet these days.

There has been much knitting and there have been many cocktails, but some of it is secret.  And that's killing me a little - I have turned into such a child of Instagram and immediate gratification that the binding off without the photo, and the little message, and then the hearts - is just a bit of an, "oh, ok..." moment.  But you know that as soon as I can share any of the new things,  I will!

Along those lines, I did have a hat pattern published in Interweave's latest 3 Skeins Or Less, Fresh, Knitted Accessories  Book - it's called Mixed Berries, and it was a bit of fun colorwork.

 Photo from Interweave Knits/Joe Hancock.

I have also been getting ready for a couple more classes.  I get so many kind messages from people who want me to come and visit, and please know that I really appreciate every one of them, but unfortunately my time is still not my own at home here.  Fitting work travel and weekend events into the mix is not yet easy, so I have just a few special things planned right now:  

Here's Fall:

OCTOBER 4 -  PORTLAND, ME:   I'll be doing a one session design workshop at A Gathering Of Stitches, which is a wonderful space for makers of all kinds in Portland.  I believe there's still a spot or two left if you are interested, and information is here:  An Afternoon with Thea Colman

OCTOBER 18/19 - RHINEBECK, NY:  I will be at the Festival for the weekend (yay!!) and have planned a casual meetup on Saturday afternoon between 3-3:30 by the 4-H Cider booth, at the picnic tables.  (This is where the rainbow wall used to be, and I love to get my cider from those kids and doctor it up as desired.)

NOVEMBER 6 - OAKLAND, CA:  I am doing a trunk show and meet-and-greet event at A Verb For Keeping Warm!  I have always been a fan of their yarns, and will be in town for my sister's birthday.  So you know the night that your husband goes out with his old friends who live near your sister?  I am using my hall pass at Verb on that night, with a whole bunch of my existing designs and perhaps a new pattern in Pioneer.   I'll post more details closer to the date, but think around happy hour.

Over the winter, I am working on classes again for Providence, RI's Slater Mill 2015 in January, and will be teaching in Western MA at WEBS in March.  I'll add more details on those as the time draws closer - but for now that's it.

Must get to the post office now, one of my secret projects is about to go on a long journey across the ocean!  And then Zoe has a soccer game :)

Next week = ManHats!

5 comments:

Kristen Rettig said...

I've got Nov. 6 on my calendar!

Diane said...

I can't to find out when you will be at WEBS...

Thea said...

Diane,

March - I think it will be the weekend of the 21/22.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

Looking forward to seeing you in Rhinebeck! I am not teaching this year so perhaps I'll join you for doctored cider (you are a genius).
Don't you love A Gathering of Stitches?