Wednesday, September 17, 2014


Thanks for all the comments!  I'm glad to see that you guys are still out there, and that there's some interest in continuing the blog conversations.  Now, I just have to keep up my end of the bargain, yes?
But that's easy, as Rhinebeck is just a month away, and I'm planning.


Our little house is rented again, and one sweater is all done.

It's green and cabled and cozy. (in Plucky Knitter's Scholar)  I've named it Chartreuse (fully knowing that yes, Chartreuse is a totally different acid green).   But I like the name and I am having fun with what's in the bottle and it does look good with the sweater, so hey. I think it works.  Plus, deciding so is a perk of being my own boss.


However, Rhinebeck is a three day affair for me, so more than one sweater is required. 

This one will be named Ommegang, as it's more traditional and cabled and I was totally inspired to make a classic sweater with this name after visiting the brewery this summer.  All that remains is for me to decide what goes best with the main cable here.  The design is all sketched and ready - and I even know what stitch counts I'm hoping for, but I need to fill in some holes before I can actually work the body.

The yarn is Bare Naked Wool Stone Soup DK, which is also perfect since Knitspot is doing their After Rhinebeck Party.  So, my plan is to be there, in my sweater, on Sunday afternoon.   Here's hoping, right?


So, secret knitting will resume in a moment, with the hopes of finishing before Monday.

There is a big Colman family Bar Mitzvah this weekend (Craig's family is from LA, so they do these things for the entire weekend, wedding-style).  But family visits with his side mean long periods of sitting, so I can knit! Knitting also means I don't have to talk sometimes.  

14 comments:

Kucki68 said...

Looking forward to seeing more of both sweaters.

kayT said...

I love reading your blog. But why are there no dates anywhere? The entries and comments only have time but no dates and I find this a little odd and, as I am OCD, frustrating.:)

Thea said...

Ha! KayT, I have no idea. I didn't even notice until you mentioned it. They get archived by month -

Jenny said...

My dear friend told me that I would need two sweaters for Rhinebeck....my Vodka Gimlet which is nice and toasty warm (and finished!!) and a lighter weight one. I've had some delays starting it and can't imagine I"ll have it done in time but I can try!! It has my first cables in it, yay! I'm looking forward to meeting you at the picnic tables at 3pm Saturday :)

dianne said...

I love the cable on Chartruese! Can't wait to see what the rest of the sweater looks like :-)

Anonymous said...

I love your blog and I love the pic of the house...just gorgeous! Diane

lastdecadeprof said...

Your cabling is so beautiful. I'm sure both sweaters will be standouts at Rhinebeck! Your family events sound like New Year's eve at my parents' house--lots of sitting in front of football murmuring agreement as hopes rise and fall. ;)

Christine said...

Wow! Both sweaters are going to look wonderful. I am looking forward to a progress update.

Peggy Hanley said...

HI Thea!
I am a new follower of yours and I am thrilled that you have decided to keep blogging. I have just returned to knitting after a 20 year hiatus. (Life in Hawaii is not conducive to knitting.) I have done extensive research to find knitting blogs, patterns, and tutorials on the internet and Ravelry. I must tell you that your blog is my favorite. Your patterns and designs are the best. I can't wait to try my first pattern, the Shaken or Stirred sweater. I really enjoy reading your blog stories and your cocktail recipes are an unexpected and fun addition to it all. Keep writing, please! From your newest fan and follower. - Margot

Monique said...

Your knits are looking great!

Glenna said...

Those new cables look so yummy and woofy...cannot wait to see how this takes shape!

And Mazal Tov to the bar mitvah boy & family!!

janna said...

Someday, I'll go to Rhinebeck! Also - I'm glad someone else mentioned the missing dates on your posts, and the comments. I find it really confusing to not know whether I'm commenting several days - or weeks! -- late...

Patty said...

Seeing our kids laughs The. Best.

Anonymous said...

Oh my, I could ditch some plans for Chartreuse, that is for sure. When might we expect to see that pattern? Kemnayquine.