Friday, October 24, 2014


Coming back from Rhinebeck is always a bit of a let down - but it helps if you have another trip to look forward to!   I've started packing for San Francisco in two weeks, and I'm finding some long lost knits (Hello Irish Coffee) to accompany me.  I have already sent a box of other things over to A Verb For Keeping Warm so they'll have plenty of my samples on hand when I visit on Thurs, Nov 6.  Am hoping to see a few of you there!   In addition to the trunk show, there's also a small pattern in the works for the occasion, but that one will remain a bit of surprise for now....


In the meantime I put off a small, annoying procedure for when I knew I had about 14 days of downtime.  I spent most of yesterday on the sofa here, surrounded by Plucky and Eden Cottage and TV, while Zoe made me muffins.  (not bad, right?)


And when the painkillers wore off, I knew just what to do.   That's bourbon, Calvados and lemon.  It totally cures what ails you.   And the yarn helps too, at least I think so....

While I'm still off my feet, Melissa and I are going to take a short trip down to see my grandparents (It involves a lot more sitting, so perfect timing, right?)  I've packed flip flops, more Tylenol, the bourbon and Calvados, plus the Plucky and my Eden Cottage Yarn.  If that runs out, there's also some Jill Draper in the bag -- I'm extra prepared.

Because Melissa's driving - so that's feet on the dashboard and 5 hours of knitting - each way.  I could run out.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ouch! I hope you're feeling much better. PSA time - please forgive the intrusion!! Be VERY careful mixing tylenol with alcohol - it can be a really dangerous combination. Might be worth asking a doc/pharmacist. Just want you to be around and designing lovely things for a LONG time!

Jenny said...

I came home from Rhinebeck with a massive sinus infection and I do believe that your medicinal drink might be just the thing!

It was such fun meeting you and you graciously had your picture taken with me in my Vodka Gimlet!

I hope you heal quickly - it sounds as if you're all set up!

Thea said...

Anon: Maybe I should add a note about not trying this at home? I'm a seasoned professional....

Don't worry though - I was careful and that was my only drink for the night ;)

Kirsten said...

Ouch!! Hope you're feeling better. Sorry I missed you at Rhinebeck. :-(

Susan Ritchie Voegtly (CintiSue) said...

Ok Favorite Designer.... Is the Ommegang Tunic an upcoming pattern?? You wore it well!! Whole photo probably cuter... But, great boots!!

Thea said...

Cinti Sue, you are too sweet!

yes, it is an upcoming pattern - I have been writing it and plan to launch around the New Year. The actual sweater is still with the Knitspot ladies, so it needs to come home for me to finish up, and I will test knit over the holidays....

And the boots are my new fave Fryes! A total bargain this summer at a consignment store - never worn, $80!!!

Anonymous said...

I agree with the other anonymous about mixing painkillers and alcohol. You might think you are a "seasoned professional", but many people feel this way. I speak from the knowledge of losing a dear friend to alcoholism. She died at the age of 54 after spending over 3 months on the liver transplant floor of Beth Israel. She left her 3 boys. Not to mention the huge financial burden amassed after such a long hospital stay.

She so wanted to live, but the alcohol she indulged in for years proved too much for her liver:-(