Monday, November 24, 2014

Hard to believe it's Thanksgiving Week!  We are hosting a big crowd, so don't expect to see me around the internest for the next few days, but before I go I wanted to say THANKS for the amazing response to Chartreuse.   I'm so excited to see you guys start knitting these up and I am so very happy that you liked the design so much! 

And as you knit, know that the Chartreuse KAL/FAQ thread on Ravelry in my BabyCocktails group is there and that we've already begun talking about yarn subs and sizing mods other project-beginning type questions. Feel free to share pics and questions and thoughts or just pop in for general conversation as you work!


In other bloggy news, I wanted to share some of the photos from my trip to California and thank everybody who made it over to A Verb For Keeping Warm to say hello.   The shop was just as amazing as I'd heard, and meeting Kristine was an absolute treat.  Her textile-related talents go on and on, and she is as charming as she is talented.  I got a little sneak peek of a book she's got in the works, which is gorgeous and fascinating and I can't wait until it exists in real life!!  She's just so incredibly inspiring, and oh, her colors...


Of course I went home with a bit of yarn, and a hankering for more - so expect another project in AFKW yarn as the months go on.  This time I have her Annapurna to play with, and visions of a shawl for spring.....


Besides Kristine, I got to meet her staff (Thank you again for the perfect cocktails and my absinthey parting gift!) and a bunch of West Coast knitters, who were all just lovely.  Glenna and Stephany - who have been internet friends and testers for years now, did me the huge favor of bringing along some of their Plucky knits so I didn't have to pack as many sweaters as usual (yay!).  There was meeting and greeting, plus the usual trying on and purchasing yarn and hanging out.

And, my OTHER sister, Alene, came.  (wearing Glenna's Paloma here)  She's a knitter too, but primarily a geologist and busy person so you don't see her on Ravelry - although I think being in the shop got her going a bit, and I think she may be back there soon.

 
The pics may be a little fuzzy and the light isn't exactly right, but I blame my camera phone (the real camera was just too big to add to the bag!) and apologize profusely.   Anyways, I should get over to the store.  There is a long list calling my name and many things to get started on.   Enjoy your holidays if I don't get back here before Thursday --  Save travels to everybody - Happy Thanksgiving!!!

4 comments:

Susan Voegtly said...

Inane of the shawl your showing off in the photos? And the yarn? It looked great!

CintiSue said...

Name? (Fat fingers!)

Thea said...

Aviation! It's one of my designs from earlier in the year. It was knit in Plucky Single. Thanks :)

CintiSue said...

Thank you busy Mom/Knit Goddess!! Have a Happy Holiday!