Monday, December 01, 2014

I'm teaching at two really special events this year, and am so very happy to be able to finally share all the information about both of them!

In order of their actual happening, there's Slater Mill's Knitting Weekend this January 16-18 in Pawtucket RI - and then Squam Art Workshops June 3-7 in Squam NH.  Both are amazing events that I've "been" to or taught at the past, and I am just so honored and excited to be involved in both of them this year.

I've already mentioned a bit about Slater Mill a while back, but there are still a few spots left in my  classes and the weekend is shaping up to be a great one, so take a look and see what they have planned.  Other teachers include Bristol Ivy, Gudrun Johnston, and Ellen Mason!

The weekend begins with a Friday night cocktail reception featuring a triple trunk show of Gudrun Johnston's, Amy Christoffer's and my designs, an exhibit of Ellen Mason's amazing Stitcher's Wardrobe, and a presentation by Adrienne Martini, author of Sweater Quest: My Year of Knitting Dangerously.  Classes are given both Saturday and Sunday mornings, and as if that's not all enough, the folks at Slater have added a tavern lunch with the designers midday on Saturday.   Plus, it all happens in these gorgeous, renovated mill buildings.

On both Saturday and Sunday, the marketplace will be open with some amazing fiber vendors including Julie Asselin, Fox Hill Farm (they make the gorgeous cormo from my Beekman Tavern design),  Ball and Skein, Dirty Water Dyeworks, and Barbara Perry's Foxfire Fibers.

In addition to all that, we are working on a Weekend Knitting E-book, with designs from Ellen, Amy, Bristol, Alicia Plummer, and myself, featuring designs inspired by the mill and using yarns available in the Knitting Weekend marketplace.

And, the other great thing about Slater Mill is that you can purchase tickets for the entire weekend, or you can just show up for the things you want to do - details are here:


The second great weekend is a secret I've been dying to share!  After showing up at Squam last year as a "squannabee" - I've been asked to come back as a teacher this year!!  

The Workshops are up at the lake, in Holderness NH on the first weekend in June this year.  Elizabeth has curated a set of artists and teachers with skills in fiber arts, textiles, woodworking, mixed media, poetry, and more for a retreat that promises to inspire every kind of maker in so many ways.  The rustic setting, the gorgeous lake, the time to recharge and learn and create - and let's not forget the Saturday night marketplace - will all make for an amazing experience, and I'm just so incredibly excited to be a part of it! 

I'll be teaching an in-depth design workshop and a detailed 2-part class on working with cables and what we can do with them, titled "Cable Magic".  I'm excited to dig deep into these as the classes offered at Squam are nice and long and allow for us to get really involved in our topics.

I don't have enough amazing photos to share for this one YET since I'll have to take them in June but there are tons of pics and stories plus ALL the other important Squam details right here:



Alicia said...

I live about 40 min away from Slater Mill and enjoy the RI knitting and spinning guild meetings there. I'm signed up for the full weekend, can't wait!

Thea said...

:)))))) yay!

gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

Utterly unfair that the Slater Mill Weeknd goes head to head with Vogue Knitting Live. There oughta be a law against such things! (scheduling police?)