Monday, January 12, 2015


I think I've saturated the internets with photos of my daughter in her sweater by now, but it had just been too cold to take any pics of me in my Shirley Temple once I'd finished.  And given the unusual back detail, I know that some of the adult knitters out there need to see that V on an adult rear end before they can imagine putting it on theirs.

So the moment it warmed up a bit on Sunday, I grabbed Melissa. 


I made sure to include a LOT of pics on my project page, so you can see things from all angles.  And do note that my sweater was knit with the V open to the small of my back.  The pattern contains notes on modifying the sweater for a higher V, which would create a taller, narrower opening - as well as two options for kntting the back fully closed, either with a straight line between the back cables or with a graduated angle between the back cables, mimicking the shape of the open V, but in fabric.  

Moving on from Shirley, I also wanted to share with you that I've been hosting my first KAL in my BabyCocktails Group on Ravelry.  It's a sweater KAL and your WIP can be at any stage of the game to join in. We are knitting our sweaters until Feb 16, and I've already given away a Shirley Temple's worth of Duck Duck Wool and a Hot Toddy/Plucky Hat Kit as prizes in Week 1.

Week 2 begins with this - 4 skeins of Green Mountain Spinnery's new Mewesic yarn - a lovely, soft DK tweed - in this deep gorgeous teal shade called Atlantis.


Check in on the forum to see how you can enter to win and join us for knitting, encouragement, a few drink recipes, and lots more prizes! :)

5 comments:

Holli said...

Thea, this is my absolute fave of your designs. I will be knitting it at some point. And I love Green Mountain Spinnery too!

Thea said...

Hi Holli! Thanks!! Whenever I go through Melrose I have my eye out for you :)

pdxknitterati.com said...

I love this! I would wear that in a heartbeat.

Genevieve said...

What a lovely design, I absolutely love the back. Can't wait to knit it!

Anonymous said...

I am looking for a professional knitter that can creat a heavy knitted short waist sweater. My name is Jennifer contact me at bdjdon@aol.com
Thanks