Sunday, January 04, 2015

This was my 2014, in knits.



It's cool to see the published designs all together and evaluate what I put out there.  It was a year with a bit more work behind the scenes than previously (two more sweaters, in fact) so there were less published knits overall.  I tried my hand at shawl design for the first (and second) time, and taught my first classes.  I also spent some time working with new methods of sweater construction and learning new techniques -- and in my travels, I found a love for portable accessory designs.   In fact, there was a lot of travel this year -- including events in Oregon, Maine, San Francisco, NY, NH, and Rhode Island - plus Quebec!  And collaborations with friends - both in the design and yarn world.  It was a year of doing new things and I've ended it with a desire to try even more.

So thinking about 2015?  You can expect more experiments in sweater construction - I have a yoked one on the needles now, which is coming along nicely in Jill Draper's Rockwell yarn. There will be  designs for the Other Members of our families, because how many sweaters can a girl have?  There will be more teaching and travel - can you say EUROPE?!!!  More collaborations with friends, designs in familiar and new yarns, and a few more mini-collection e-books.  Plus, whatever else comes to mind.  I'm a girl who likes to make some of this up as I go.  

I've kicked it off with a BabyCocktails Sweater KAL in my Ravelry group, for anybody who's interested in beginning the knitting year with some company - and great prizes and tasty drinks - CHECK IT OUT HERE! 

And, Happy, Happy 2015 to all of you!!

I sincerely thank you for sharing your yarn and your needles with me this far and I can't wait to see what you do with my next batch of designs.   I'm hoping to see lots more of all of you in 2015!  Visit me here and on Ravelry, Twitter and Instagram anytime! 

7 comments:

shar1ford said...

Purchased Cranberry Capelet. First time trying cables. Don't understand when or where I am supposed to start the cable pattern. Do I knit the regular pattern so far then start the chart? If so, how far do I knit the regular pattern before starting the chart. Whew, maybe this is to hard for me, I am old and blonde. HAHAHA

Kirsten said...

What a gorgeous collection of designs! Can't wait to see all that you come up with in 2015!

Mary Lou said...

I do love all of those. Such talent. Happy 2015!

cal said...

so many beautiful designs! i need to see which ones i can fit into my queue... happy new year!

gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

So many fab designs, so few knitting hours per day.... Sigh!
Wishing you a super happy and creative 2015!

Ellen Mason said...

You do an amazing job of being accountable to yourself. I love this collage!

Madeleine said...

I can say Europe, and I'm waiting to hear more about it !