Tuesday, June 02, 2015

Introducing the Brighton Cowl, my third pattern in the London Calling KAL!


After working in The Uncommon Thread yarn with my London Mitts, I had to come back for more.   So I ordered two more skeins - this time of the Posh DK in Cumulonimbus, and got knitting once again.  It's light and airy and squishy and round so garter was needed.


Garter and some round, cabley leaves.  The lovely sheen and airy fabric is thanks to a little silk, a touch of cashmere, and some BFL. I can't even tell you how good this feels around my neck - I knit the whole thing in two days, because I did not want to put it down.


All the details on the Brighton Cowl are on the Ravelry page, along with the test knit photos.  All you need is 2 skeins of TUT Posh DK or Lush Worsted and you're good to go.

Ce of The Uncommon Thread is having her June update this Friday June 5, at 4pm BST, so if you want to get some TUT for yourself, click here.  There will be pre-orders for the Posh and plenty of Lush on hand.  

Plus, as part of the London Calling KAL, the Ravelry code London Calling will get you 20% off the purchase price of the pattern until June 15. 

If you aren't in the KAL yet, there's plenty of time to cast on.  Knit ANY BabyCocktails pattern along with us in the Ravelry thread before the end of June.  If you're local to Brighton area, you get a little extra time - until July 11, when I'll be hosting a trunk show and cocktail party at YAK in Brighton.  With snacks and drinks and more prizes, plus gin from the folks at Brighton Gin!

(More on the gin and event piece soon, but for now: hence the name of the cowl...)

All you have to do to enter the online KAL is post a photo of your BabyCocktails project, yarn or drink in the London Calling thread in my BabyCocktails group, and each week (ish) I'm picking winners for prizes like this. 


And for those of you love my drinks, there's going to be a cocktail week in the KAL from June 15-22, with lots more drinky things, a recipe swap and a chance to win some beautiful vintage cocktail glasses I found and have been saving for just this occasion!   So join in....

3 comments:

Kesha E said...

Love the cowl and the project bag!! Do share the source.

craftivore said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
craftivore said...

It sounds AH-mazing!! Glad you had R&R time too. (Previous comment deleted due to pathetic copy checking.)