Tuesday, October 20, 2015


As always, it was about spending time with good friends - meeting a few for the first time in person (Joji!), catching up with the ones that I don't get to see often, and getting a whole weekend in a house with my semi-local New England friends, away from family and other distractions.  I loved meeting all of you who took the time to say hi --  and it's always a thrill to see my sweaters and hats and cowls walking around the Fair or on display - thank you to everyone who brought something of mine to the Festival -- you have no idea how happy it makes me to see you in your knits!


The weather was perfect for wool and hot cider, and the Hudson Valley was gorgeous.   I doctored things up for a few of you, and the bourbon-Cointreau-orange bitters concoction was a tasty addition.


Erin wore Bonnie's Dobbs Ferry and kind of effortlessly pulled together the perfect combo to wear with it. The hat and purple bag, plus her hair with these greens.... 


Laura generously shared her Halloween-themed Canadian Coffin Crisps with a smile -- and maybe a new ring on that finger....


Jill Draper was WAY too busy at Saturday's Open Studio for any photos, but I caught her on Sunday in the Soak booth for a quick pic.  I had a great time  meeting you guys at the event and was able to help more than a few knitters pick out Rockwell combos for their Dobbs Ferries before heading back across the bridge. 

And I had a few moments to peruse the rest of Jill's yarns and have started to plan something new, in perhaps ..... Windham this time.

More people pics are on Instagram, but I'm thinking I should share some of what came home with me, right?.  (there is more...)


Julie Asselin delivered a SQ of her new Nurtured yarn to me in person, and I cannot WAIT to get going on this.  I am telling myself I have to write the 2 sweaters I am currently working on first.  But then....


I've been wanting to try Brooke's Sincere Sheep yarn for a while - and this raspberry cormo was beautiful.  Amy Christoffers had shown me an upcoming Berroco shawl design in a similar color, and I think I was channeling my desire for that piece when I pulled this off the hook.  I may need to make Amy's as well - keep your eye out for it, because it's going to be a stunner. 


As always, Barbara's Foxfire yarn is gorgeous - I thought I was done for the day when I found myself in her booth.  But this is a silk and cormo blend that I could not leave there.


 
Lastly, a bit more Cormo from my favorite ladies at Foxhill Farm. I see a future shawl out of these lovelies.  You have no idea how happy I was to arrive on Saturday morning and see a crowd and a long line in the booth when I got there.  Alice ran out of yarn for Buck's Hat before Saturday was out and had a great show, thanks to all your enthusiasm for her fiber!  I am getting a list of the other events they will be at this year and promise to share the schedule as soon as I can.  I know they plan on going to the MA Sheep and Wool festival in early November, and the Wayland Farmer's Market in MA in February.  I'll get the dates and details soon.


I also have some new O-Wool - which I pretty much traded with Jocelyn for the original Paloma sample.  She looked so great in it that I couldn't bear to bring it home, and I'll have a whole new O-wool project for myself in a few months, so I think we both won. But a photo of my new yarn will have to wait - the light is tough on blues and greens today.

Also not photographed are a few skeins from the Neighborhood Fiber Company, but it's a dark day and I can't capture those colors properly - but they are worth capturing, so you'll have to wait to see them.  I think all of these may end up in some kind of  Festival-themed accessory project as the year goes on, but we'll see...

Anyways,  it's definitely time to get back to work and (snif) put this year's festival behind me.  If you went, I hope you had a great weekend too!!
 

4 comments:

Sandra@threepumpkinslittle.squarespace.com said...

It was a great time, made even better by getting to see you for a bit!! As always, you inspire me to get cracking on my sweater knitting.

Suze said...

I'm still trying really hard not to be envious of everyone who was there! FOMO at its worst, that's watching everyone's photos of Rhinebeck pop up on IG. Anyway, glad you had a great time and so many goodies acquired!

Alicia said...

My friends and I each picked up a skein of Foxhill Cormo for the hats you designed recently, so you should pat yourself on the back for that, too! :) I think O-wool was my favorite new-to-me discovery of the weekend, the yarns and colorways were just gorgeous.

Unknown said...

Thank you for your continued praise of Alice and Sue from Foxhill Farm in Lee, MA! ....they are a certainly a hard working, dynamic duo. Thanks also for your mention of the Wayland Winter Farmers' Market. Foxhill will be attending both Farm Fiber Days in 2016...those dates are January 23 and March 5, 2016. Saturdays from 10 AM to 2 PM.