Sunday, April 10, 2016

How about a chance to win Jill Draper's gorgeous Mohonk yarn (shown below) and this upcoming design from me?  The shawl is a project I began in Scotland and knit on my travels, and it will be named after a small, historic distillery located in the Scottish Highlands.

But the shawl isn't quite ready yet, and I'm thinking that the short amount of time between now and then might be perfect for casting on a quick hat or cowl like Hudson Bay .....

Or even getting into the spring spirit and starting a delicate lace cardigan like Baileys or Margarita? 

I think that as soon as the weather begins to turn, I just pine for new beginnings.  Some flowers in the yard, new pots on the porch, and maybe a switching out of the cushions on the outdoor furniture. And if you guys know me at all by now, you know I'm pretty impatient by nature.

So, when Jill suggested we do a giveaway, I thought it was the perfect excuse to fill this short period of time between now and when I'm ready to release this with a few distractions (those being YOUR projects).

In order to win the shawl, just begin a new BabyCocktails pattern and post it on Rav.  Pair up some yarn to a pattern you've been meaning to try, cast on, and then make that Ravelry page and share it on the website. I'll pick the winner out of the new projects that pop up.

Any new projects posted between now and the end of day on Wednesday 4/13 will qualify to win - and I'll announce a winner on Thursday 4/14.  Jill has a few skeins on the way to me, in a colorway I'll share once they arrive, and the pattern itself will be out later the week of 4/18!

So maybe it's time to begin something? Anything you've had on your list for a bit? Here's your excuse to cast on.

More information and a thread in which you can knit along on any BabyCocktails project is here.  The actual contest announcement is post #249 in that link...


gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

Staaawwwwp it! I need to buckle down and finish some things but the temptation....oy! An excellent and wicked giveaway.
PS I like the looks of that Scotland-inspired shawl.

Jane Piotraschke said...

Your designs are amazing. Wonderful give away. My rav id in : pinkknittergal.