Sunday, December 11, 2016


Yesterday I was lucky enough to visit the Boston Public Market with my good friend Ellen.

If you're local, you may not know that Genevieve Day of JP Knit and Stitch has opened a New England Fiber booth right in the marketplace, with a gorgeous wall full of local fiber and a bunch of other wooly treats.  Among the wooly goodness on that wall is Ellen's own Doc Mason's Wool, so this was the perfect excuse to go on a city date with our husbands and grab a beer or two in the city.

After those beers, we found Genevieve in the Market.  Her space is small, but full of wonderful things.  Skeins line the wall in various shades of cream and gray and natural brown, labeled by the local farm they hail from. There are a few magazines, some of Katrinkles lovely notions, and some great project bags.


I may have bought myself a tote and a project bag and perhaps a skein or two (one from Wing and a Prayer Farm is right there on top of the bag, in fact) - but then Geneveive gave me an extra tote bag to take home, which I thought I'd share with all of you.


For a chance to win this adorable canvas tote, either cast on and post a new BabyCocktails Ravelry project, or buy any BabyCocktails pattern on Ravelry before tomorrow AM is over (noon).

We will pick one random winner from any new Ravelry names on the purchase and project pages between today and tomorrow noon...  See, quick and fun. :)

4 comments:

Suze said...

LOL I'm guessing my test knit doesn't count :)

Louise said...

Just FYI, I met you at Verb for Keeping Warm and you are one of my 'go-to' sites. I'm struggling mightily with our upcoming administration. As a federal employee, it's very disheartening to 'work for this man'. I continue to knit and be with friends (like-minded) and I appreciate all your enthusiasm for the good in life.

BCGramma said...

Wow, I'm so glad I took the time to check out your blog! I did not know about Boston Public Market. I've added it to my must visit list the next time we're in Boston. I certainly need to check out New England fiber, love the bag! Thanks!

kayT said...

I wish your blog had dates so that I could know when "today" is.