Tuesday, November 07, 2017


So, there's a project we've been working on in the background for a few months now and if you get the WEBS Catalog, you may already know about it.


Steve and Kathy asked me last spring if I'd be interested in designing a BabyCocktails-inspired collection of colors in their Valley Yarns Superwash DK, which is a gorgeous merino yarn, hand dyed by the women of Manos del Uruguay.  I'm a huge fan of Manos, a women's cooperative that's done so much good for their community in Uruguay, and I do love Steve and Kathy of WEBS, so this sounded like fun.


We came up with 6 colors - Shaken, With A Cherry, Herbal, Bittersweet, Smoky and Citrus.  (I'll let you guess which is which in the photo above).   And as the winter/spring goes on, I'll be releasing patterns that feature the yarn, trying to hit each and every color!  You can only find the yarn at WEBS (here's a link to the page)

The first of these patterns are these two hats! 

Perfectly timed if you are about to begin your holiday knitting...

Deauville is a lace beanie, featuring a dense herringbone motif.  I wanted something bold but feminine, with lace, strong lines, and a soft color. 


It's an easy knit, but the lace is so pronounced that it almost reads as textural, and in this lovely pale blue, I think it's a modern take on a fitted, 70s style beanie. 


The brim plays off the lace lines to create Vs along the transition from ribbing to body, and the hat crown kind of swirls around as it decreases.


Cadiz features stranded colorwork in an intricate pattern that reminds me of stained glass.


It's easy to follow once established, and I just love how the borders of the medallion shape work when used for the crown shaping.


I have always wanted to pair deep red and pale blue in colorwork, and definitely had this design in mind when I was picking my WEBS colors....



Both hats can be found on my Ravelry page and will be in the patterns section of the website here. 

The yarn, as mentioned before, is exclusive to WEBS, and can be found here. 

Enjoy!  And there will be more coming as the year goes on.....

0 comments: